Friday, July 18, 2014

Flashback Fridays: adidas adiZero Rose 1.0


Found this on my personal Facebook page. This was my first crack at trying to write a sneaker review. Please excuse me as this was written over 3 years ago.

Enjoy the read!

Fast Don't Lie!!! adiZero Rose Performance 

Last December, I finally got my feet on Rose's first sig. I was really excited to get it. Months before it was released, I was hearing a lot of good things about it. I even read eastbay.com's review about the shoe, scoring A-. Thats pretty high for something that doesn't have a 'swoosh'.

Moving on.

First I would like to show a comparison of adidas TS Supernatural Creator and adiZero Rose.

Notice the sole?? The shed off a few millimeters on the adiZero's. (More on that later)


Another image showing its low to the ground feature compared to the 'naturals. 

Don't get me wrong, but the 'naturals is one of the best made by adi so far. It looks great and performs even much better. Its something, in my opinion, that you could rock on and off the court (in shorts of course).

But it does have its ups and downs.

PROS:

- its lightweight
- great traction
- outstanding ankle support (those padded ankle collar works wonders when the shroud is zipped up and strapped)
- well cushioned (adiPRENE)
- great court feel

CONS:

- breathability!!!

What the 'naturals failed to deliver, the adiZero's built on. Now before I went out to get my pair, I did my research. From the reviews I got courtesy of eastbay.com, images from solecollector.com and adidas.com to actually holding and feeling the pair when I first encountered them in adidas Greenbelt back in Oct.



adiZero Rose 1.0 'Away'

Its a work of ART!!! kaching baby!!! Moving from their TS (Team Signature) line, adidas granted their two new stars (Rose and Howard) their own signature shoe. adiZero Rose for DRose and Beast Commander to Mr. Howard.


The adiZero Rose incorporates technologies made by adidas from, well, its adiZero line. From runners and soccer spikes, to now, basketball shoes. The adiZero line is known to be lightweight and the Rose delivers from its names sake. Fast done right, light done right. Its the most lightweight adi I've ever wore. With a synthetic upper and adi's new innovation, SprintSkin (first seen in Messi's spikes) , the shoe is as light as advertised. Its as if I'm wearing Zero (nothing). The only thing that reminds me that I'm wearing a shoe is the slight pressure on my feet because of the lacing.


Another innovation is the SprintFrame tech on the heel. This is a TPU shank that goes all the way down to the arch to act as a Torsion System. Another way to cut weight on the shoe but still provide great support. The SprintFrame really locks up on the heel area preventing any movements on the foot. A secured fit will give you enough confidence to run up and down the court, worry free from slipping or rolling an ankle. The GEO-FIT collar works as well as advertised. Reading from the eastbay review, I followed their advice and wore a sock well above the ankle to avoid the discomfort that it may cause. Once I was all laced up, I felt minimal to zero movement on my ankle, making it a bit stiff but still free to run and make cuts with it. It really does work. I felt that I was wearing ankle braces the whole time.

Lastly, the traction is superb. I played it on an indoor court that was really dusty, yet it still prevented me from slipping and really stuck me to the floor. Running up and down the court trying to catch the break and playing defense. Its not the squeakiest shoe (not yet I guess), but from my experience with adidas (Young Guns 2010 Low and Pro Model 2008) it just need a lil' break in and it will start squeaking away. But squeak or not, the traction is superb! The low to the ground feature (shedding a few millimeters and a great insole) works wonders for the shoe. PureMotion tech really imitates the foots movement giving you a great court feel and a more natural motion.

NOW, this maybe a late review but I know this may act as a guide to buyers. The NBA All Star game is just around the corner (Feb) meaning the there will be a ton of shoe coming out (adiZero Rose 1.5, can't wait!!!) Meaning new shoes may cut down the cost on older models making a great buy. This shoe is something you shouldn't pass on. Looks and performs great. Fast done right.


retails for P6,295 (some stores offer 10 or 20% off the kicks as a promo)

*the TS Supernatural is also a great buy, so I suggest you guys check it out as well.


BONUS SHOTS!



On Foot: adidas adiZero Rose 1.0 


adidas adiZero Rose 1.0 'Away' and 'Cherry' 


The underrated: adidas Supernatural Creator D Rose 'Away' 

No comments:

Post a Comment